- The purpose of “USP” is to publish the original eBooks/Chapters, journals, proceedings of seminars/conferences/works, etc.
- English is the official language of “USP”.
- Unique Scientific Publishers don’t publish fiction books.
- To verify originality of eBooks/Chapters submitted, Managing Editor USP will check by any originality detection service. Keeping Similarity Index >19% and also Similarity Index from any single source >5% at the time of submission of eBook/Chapter is the responsibility of authors, however, the management of the USP will try to examine it, if found, eBook/Chapter is liable to be rejected.
- The decision of acceptance/rejection of publication lies with the Managing Editor that will be based on the recommendations of the Committee of Editors in the specific field, and/or invited reviewers.
- Manuscripts/eBooks/Chapters are not rejected except for technical reasons/ethical issues, but authors would be given chance to improve poor English or grammatical mistakes.
- Authors can withdraw their manuscripts/eBooks/Chapters at any stage from submission to acceptance, however, it will be impossible when published online.
It is the responsibility of the Managing Editor, USP to take reasonable steps to identify and prevent the publication of manuscripts/eBooks/Chapters where research/Ethical misconduct has occurred. In no case the management of “USP” will encourage such misconduct, or knowingly allow such misconduct to take place. If such misconduct case has been reported, then the management of USP will deal with allegations appropriately.
Authors are required to go through the document “Publication Ethics and Policies of the Unique Scientific Publishers” before submission of the manuscript/eBook/Chapter. The management of the USP is committed to maintain a high academic standard and is unbiased to any religious, nationality and ideological issue.
The USP works without bias, neither considering religion nor race in the publications, thus, we are impartial to anyone.
Only those eBooks/Chapters are considered for publication, the contents of which have not been published and are not being considered for publication with any other publisher and prepared keeping all the Ethical guidelines suggested by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). It is assumed that all named authors agree with the contents and form of the eBooks/Chapters and are responsible for the validity and originality of data presented.
Any behavior contrary to this ethics including plagiarism is unacceptable; the eBooks/Chapters will be removed from our website and the employer of the author (s) will be asked for strict action against such person (s). Thus, it is the responsibility of the author (s) to ensure that their submitted work does not interfere with any existing copyright material.
The contents of the Chapters/eBooks published by the USP are the opinions of the authors. Consequently, neither the Managing Editor nor the Publisher (Unique Scientific Publishers) are responsible for the opinions expressed/deduced or plagiarism committed by the author (s).
- The USP is following strictly that all submitted Chapters/eBooks will undergo peer review with objective judgments.
- Chapters/eBooks are sent for Peer-review to reviewers’ expert in the field.
- The Reviewers should not have any conflict of interest; if yes, it is their moral duty to return the Chapters/eBooks to the Editor without reviewing.
- Double-Blind Peer Review is the prime policy of the USP; neither reviewers know to whom Chapters/eBooks belongs to nor authors know who reviewed their Chapters/eBooks. Both identities are masked. To facilitate this, authors must ensure that their Chapters/eBooks are prepared in such a way that they do not reveal their identities to reviewers, either directly or indirectly.
- Authors are encouraged to provide 3 to 4 names of leading scientists in the major field of their study. Include his/her name, designation, official postal address (University/Institute/Company, City, Country, Postal Code), official email address, and telephone/fax number.
- It is not necessary that reviewers are selected from the list provided by the authors, however, approaching the reviewers by authors will lead to rejection.
Ethical guidelines are developed keeping the standards defined by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). Authors must write Bioethical statement at the start of the Materials and Methods section. Ethics Committee or Bioethics/Biosecurity Committee/Institutional Bioethics Committee approval is mandatory when human or animal/bird subjects/samples are involved in the research. In addition to this approval, authors must have written consent from patients (or relatives/guardians) before submitting the Chapters/eBooks to the USP. It is taken for granted that the anonymity of the personals involved in research will be maintained.
- Submission declaration and verification: Submission of a Chapter/eBook to the USP indicates that the work described has not been published previously (except in the form of an abstract in any seminar/conference proceedings, a published lecture or academic thesis, (see ‘Multiple, redundant or concurrent publication‘ for more information), that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere (with any other journal), that its publication is approved by all authors and tacitly or explicitly by the responsible authorities where the work was carried out, and that, if accepted, it will not be published elsewhere in the same form, in English or in any other language, including electronically without the written consent of the copyright-holder.
- Submission requires metadata for all authors including their email address, postal address, telephone/fax number along.
- The author (s) is/are responsible for all the statements and concepts contained in the manuscript.
- For the preparation of the manuscript, use the A4 page size and Times New Roman 12 with 1″ margin on all sides.
- Use 1.5 space throughout the text, including the Abstract and References while Tables be arranged at a single space.
- The pages must be numbered serially on the lower right-hand corner, beginning from the title page.
- All pages must have continuous line numbering.
- The USP encourages the use of EndNote software (a commercial reference management software package, used to manage bibliographies and references when writing essays and articles) for writing references. Only references closely related to the author’s work are allowed for citation.
- References: Citations to journal’s articles should be cited in the text as Qasem (2019) or (Qasem 2019), Daba and Mekonnen (2022), or (Daba and Mekonnen 2022), Degla et al. (2022) or (Degla et al. 2022). Name of all authors be written, and the name of the Journal be written in full in the list of references. The list of references at the end of the manuscript must be arranged alphabetically and each reference in the list must appear in the following form:
Daba B and Mekonnen G, 2022. Effect of row spacing and frequency of weeding on weed infestation, yield components, and yield of rice (Oryza sativa L.) in Bench Maji Zone, Southwestern Ethiopia. International Journal of Agronomy 2022: Article ID 5423576. https://doi.org/10.1155/2022/5423576
Degla LH, Kuiseu J, Olounlade PA, Attindehou S, Hounzangbe-Adote MS, Edorh PA and Lagnika L, 2022. Use of medicinal plants as alternative for the control of intestinal parasitosis: assessment and perspectives. Agrobiological Records 7: 1-9. https://doi.org/10.47278/journal.abr/2021.011
Qasem JR, 2019. Weed control in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum Mill.) by new biodegradable polypropylene sheets and other soil mulching materials. Pakistan Journal of Agricultural Sciences 56: 857-866. https://doi.org/10.21162/PAKJAS/19.7451
Citation to books/book chapter, monographs, proceedings, or thesis must include: 1) author(s) or editor(s); 2) year of publication, 3) title, 4) edition, 5) Publisher and place of publication (city, country) and 6) beginning and final page numbers of the relevant chapter, as shown below:
Bewley JD and Black M, 1994. Seeds: Physiology of Development and Germination, 2nd Ed. Plenum Press, New York, USA.
Hafez MF, 2015. Enteric disorder in poultry: a never-ending story. Proceedings of “International Seminar on Poultry Diseases”, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan, 14-15 Dec 2015, pp: 53-61.
Hansen B, 1991. New York City epidemics and history for the public. In: Harden VA, Risse GB, editors. AIDS and the historian. Bethesda: National Institutes of Health; pp: 21-28.
Soomro AH, Raunaq S, Sheikh SA and Khaskheli M, 2015. Assessment of microbial quality of farm buffalo milk. Proceedings of 8th Asian Buffalo Congress, Istanbul, Turkey; 21-25 April 2015, pp: 46.
Tolley NJ, 2010. Functional analysis of a reticulon protein from Arabidopsis thaliana. PhD thesis, University of Warwick.
Wells A, 1999. Exploring the development of the independent, electronic, scholarly journal. Master’s Thesis, The University of Sheffield.
- Figures and Tablesbe kept minimum. All the figures and tables must be referred to in the text where appropriate.
- Illustrations, graphs, photographs will be named as Figures; identified by Arabic numerals like Fig. 1, Fig. 2, etc…. The figures are supplied as digitized in “.JPG or .JPEG or.JPEG or .TIF or.TIFF with at least 300 dpi.
- Tables must be identified by Arabic numerals like Table 1, Table 2, etc… and must not exceed one page (A4 size) and be arranged after the reference section, however, must be separated.
All authors must declare any financial and personal relationships with other people or institutions/organizations that could unsuitably affect their research work. Examples of potential conflicts of interest include employment, friendship/kinship, consultancies, stock ownership, honoraria, paid expert evidence, patent applications/registrations, and grants or other funding. All authors, including those without competing interests to declare, should create a declaration of competing interest statement (which, where relevant, may specify they have nothing to declare).
- The Management of the Unique Scientific Publishers strongly believes in (Creative Commons License), therefore, after publication, all contents are open for everybody without any cost. However, each accepted Book Chapter/eBook is levied publication charges according to the size/volume of the composed Book Chapter/eBook. These publication charges will be meager to cover the cost of web hosting and maintenance, peer review, administration and management, professional production of articles, and dissemination of published papers to various corners in addition to other publishing functions.
- Publication charges are payable at post-acceptance, once paid and the Management of the Unique Scientific Publishers has published the Book Chapter/eBook online, then no refund is possible.
- Full or partial waiver to publication charges is available to authors belonging to developing countries on case-to-case basis.
Modified: October 15, 2022